Monday, February 16, 2009

DONE!!!!!!!

Well, I can FINALLY say it...MY ROHAN ARMY IS DONE!!!! (actually shouted it...sorry!). I've been working on this army for a while now with the aim of getting the entire army done in time for the Gathering in the Desert Lord of the Rings tournament which is this upcoming weekend. I took some time on this army with some extra highlighting that I normally don't do when I'm painting "assembly line" style. I also didn't just do the figures that I needed for the tournament...I did every single Rohan model I had, including extras that I won't be using this weekend, so that's good. Oh, and I did up a small display board which blends in with the figure bases and I can use to carry the army from table to table with. Each of the mounted models in the entire force has a dismounted figure...some of the shields are not the same, but the entire force comes out to be: Theoden, Gamling, Eomer, Eowyn, Captain, Standard, 6 royal guard, 10 bow armed riders, and 20 throwing spear armed riders (again, all of these have dismounts...oh, and I have a dismounted Merry too).

Sneak Peak of my GITD Tournament Army:

Another view of my GITD Tournament army:
Yet another view of my GITD Tournament army:

The entire Rohan Army:


It feels good to "finish" something...as with all projects, I'm only done with them until the urge hits me to add more to them!








3 comments:

Mike G. said...

Looks good.

Tim Kulinski said...

Nice, dosn't it feel good to paint again Tom? They look good man, I hope they do well for you...

Tom O said...

Thanks guys...I have no illusions about doing well...that's all a matter of the armies I'll play and the scenarios in the match ups...we'll see!