Sunday, May 4, 2008

More Painting Stuff

I figured that since I was doing some posting on painting, I'd fill you in on a few other things. One is Future Floor Finish. It's a clear acrylic that you can use to wash a figure with; much like "the Dip" in the previous posting. I mix mine 50-50 with water and add inks to use for shading figures; I haven't mastered it yet and I've ended up with either too much or too little ink in the mix from time to time. I like it because it does clean up with water and doesn't smell like "the Dip", but I haven't mastered it yet and it's still a work in progress for me as far as painting goes.

As for how I paint. With very few exceptions (like vehicles or 10mm stuff or terrain or figures on GW style bases) I mount my 15mm & 25/28mm figures on nails for painting. I have a few small boards that my friend Neil drilled out for me years ago and I just stick the nails in the holes. I even do this for horses. I like it because I don't have to touch the figure when painting and I have great control over the figure when painting; I tried the popsicle stick thing, but doing that just seems to cramp my hand after a while. The only negative is having to glue the figures to the nails and pop them off of the nails afterwards...doesn't take too much time, but it's a pain.

2 comments:

Robert said...

Ok, time for an update. Even with a crappy home setup for pictures you can get something done in 7 months eh?

EinarOlafson said...

This is the Magic wash? Is it the same thing?