Monday, October 9, 2017

SAGA Rus Princes & October Update

Wow, it's October already.  Where has this year gone?  I certainly haven't updated this blog as often as I intended too, and I certainly haven't finished off as many projects as I had hoped to so far this year.  I have a couple of months left to try to correct that and build momentum going into 2018, so here's hoping I can do that.

On the positive side, I just finished basing a new force for SAGA.  It is a Rus Princes army made up entirely of 28mm metal Gripping Beast models.  The figures were painted to a very high level by Andy K, an associate that I met via the internet.  He does great work and my pictures really don't do the figures justice.  The good news is that they fought to a bloody draw in their first game and got the win in their second game, so their tabletop career is off to a great start!  Shield transfers and banner by Little Big Men Studios.  Spears are brass wire that I made.  The army consists of a mounted Warlord, 4 units of mounted 4 Druzhina hearthguard, a unit of 8 City spearmen warriors, and 12 militia levy archers.
Warlord
 Druzina
 More Druzhina
 The Last of the Druzhina
 Another angle on the Druzhina
 Levy Archers
 Warrior Spearmen
I have also had quite a bit of time taken up by acquiring a bunch of stuff for 40k...I started with Space Marines which I reconfigured after I had already acquired everything I thought I wanted, and have since acquired a sizable Eldar force and a tank centered Imperial Guard force. I really like the game and am glad I have gotten back into it. 
I almost purged the Kings of War Ogres that I had been working on...they are great models but I have grown sick of painting all of the straps and buckles on them, so much so that I just can't face painting anymore of them.  While taking pictures of them to sell I realized I actually had a valid army with what I had painted, so instead I am just getting rid of the partially painted figures.  I'm going to base up the army and look forward to getting it done.
I have several other irons in the fire when it comes to projects and hope to make some decisions on 2018 soon..until then, happy gaming!

1 comment:

Talk Wargaming said...

Hey There !
My name is Joshua Stawiarski Co - Editor Of TalkWargaming.com

Sorry if this message is presented in a spammy way but it’s hard to contact a lot of wargamers properly.

I wanted to inquire about if you would be interested in selling published content you created that is on your website to us over here at talkwargaming.com as we are looking to diversify our content mix.

If you are interested or have questions we can go over more details at: editortalkwargaming@gmail.com
Put In The Subject Heading : “ Wargame Creator ”

Looking forward to hearing from you,
Sincerely,
Co - Editor Of talkwargaming.com