- I haven't gotten much painting done. I'm starting to get the feeling back though, so hopefully my production will see an uptick in the near future. I did get Ironskullz Boyz done for Warhammer Underworlds, aka "Shadespire", aka "Nightvault"...I think I'm going to call this "WHU" from now on:
- I also finished up some accessories for Necromunda that have been on my painting table for a while...just a few bomb/booby-trap markers to go and I should have all of my Necromunda stuff done. I might add a few bounty hunters and specialists in the future, but I don't really have plans to expand at this point in time; that may change if they come out with something fun/crazy.
- I also got a great deal on some 15mm WW2 vehicles suitable for my 8th Army collection for Flames of War. Getting these Battlefront plastics allowed me to move to having a single manufacturer for both the Grant Squadron and Crusader Squadron. Previously I had 2 or 3 manufacturers in each of those formations and they looked ok, but not great together. This fixes that issue. In addition the 3 Humber armored cars will replace my Marmon Herringtons from V3...because why would Battlefront just not produce stats for vehicles they used to produce? Still shaking my head on their new business model and how it makes part of my collection for their game irrelevant. Anyway, there are 373 pieces (but who is counting) in these 23 vehicles!
- Up next on my painting table is 40 Fyreslayers for Age of Sigmar. These are already base painted, but in need of some serious touch-ups and detailing. That will finish off the infantry for that army; after that I'm going to do the characters...I really want to finish that army off.
- I have been able to play quite a few games already this year, so that's a plus. I think that this will continue going forward, so that's another plus.
- I'm contemplating what to do for another Age of Sigmar army. I have a few armies that I'm interested in and just can't seem to make up my mind...
- I'm also contemplating another 40k army, but that urge may pass or I may decide to do something radical like get rid of my Grey Knights and get something else. I am just concerned that GW may Primaris the old style marines out of the picture in the long run...who knows. I play this game so infrequently that I may just stand pat and work on finishing up the rebasing and final painting on the Grey Knights...
- I have really like the Kill Team games I've played, so maybe I'd be better off investing some time and energy into that game instead of 40k. For now though, it's time to focus on finishing the Fyreslayers, basing up some 28mm WW2 for Bolt Action and probably finish off the Grey Knights.
Sunday, March 3, 2019
March Update - Good year so far...
We are already into March of 2019...another year just flying by it seems. I'm just doing an update on what I've been able to get done so far this year, and where my thoughts are for gaming going forward.